- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3-4 drops tabasco/hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 4 soft sandwich rolls or hot dog buns
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, sliced
- 1/2 chopped lettuce/cabbage
1. Mix together sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, hot pepper sauce, and add salt to taste; set aside. Heat butter and olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat until butter is melted. Add garlic and red pepper flakes to skillet, cook until garlic is soft, about 1 min. Remove 1 tablespoon of the mixture from skillet to bowl, set aside. Increase heat to medium-high, add shrimp and salt to taste. Cook, stirring constantly, until just pink, about 3/4 mins.
2. Meanwhile, heat broiler to high. Brush rolls with reserved oil/butter, broil rolls until beginning to brown. Spread 1 teaspoon of sour cream mixture inside roll; layer with 1 tablespoon chopped lettuce/cabbage, shrimp, and avocado. Top with more sour cream mixture.
Note: I'm copying the recipe, but in terms of amounts just do whatever you want, with these ingredients you can't go wrong.