Never a Bite Left Corn Casserole
Recipe originates from Iowa somewhere. It is a cross between a mac & cheese and scalloped corn. This is a simple recipe but it is always the first dish gone from the table.
- 1-15 oz can creamed corn
- 1/4 cup butter cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup small macaraoni noodles, uncooked
- 1 15-oz can regular corn, do not drain
- 1 cup velveeta cheese, cubed (use maexican velveeta for some kick)
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced black olives or green and red peppers - 1/4 to 1/2 cup to taste (optional)
Mix all ingredients together except the macaroni into a greased baking dish. Just before placing in the oven which has been preheated to 325 degrees, add the macaroni stirring gently. Bake for 45 minutes. If it gets too brown, cover with aluminum foil. As an alternate, at the end of baking, you can crush potato chips or onion rings on top and finish baking.