CAULIFLOWER HAM CHOWDER
- 2 C potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 C fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 C chicken broth
- 3 C milk
- 2 ½ C fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- ½ to 1 C instant potato flakes.
- Minced fresh parsley
1. In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes, cauliflower and onion in chicken broth until tender. Stir in milk, ham, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Stir in potato flakes; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until soup is as thick as desired. Sprinkle with parsley.
2. Serves 6-8 (2 quarts).