Cran-Grape Chicken Salad
Spoiler: There's no WHOLE cranberry or grape in this.
BUT you can add some! We'll be opting for delicious Diet Cran-Grape juice to add in the smallest amount to our chicken salad for a source of semisweet acidity that will complement other elements beautifully. This is definitely a lighter take on an American classic.
P.S. If you don't have shredded chicken, use two forks to shred it once it's been chopped!
- 2 CUPS shredded cooked chicken (like rotisserie)
- 2/3 CUP any brand of mayonnaise (olive-oil base to keep it lighter)
- 1/2 CUP light red apples (Honeycrisp or Gala preferred), chopped
- 1/4 CUP walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 CUP chopped celery
- 1-3 TBSP Diet Cran-Grape juice
- AMOUNT ADDED IS BASED ON PERSONAL PREFERENCE:
- Dill pickle juice
- Yellow mustard (go very light with this!)
- Sweet relish
- Celery seed
- Onion powder
- Splenda or white sugar
- Serve this by itself, on your favorite bread, crackers, or even on a bed of greens!
1. Combine the mayo, Diet Cran-Grape, dill pickle juice, sweet relish, and OPTIONAL yellow mustard in a small bowl
2. Mix all of the spices/seasonings together in a small bowl (roughly equal amounts of each)
3. Combine contents of both bowls in a medium bowl, stir well
4. Add in shredded chicken, chopped apples, chopped walnuts, and any additional fruit
5. Mix well and taste-test!
6. Add any additional sweet or salty elements you'd like