Spaghetti and Lasagna Sauce
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef (double if you want it to be extra meaty)
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook tomato paste first.
Add tomato paste and diced tomatoes.
In a stock pot or large kettle, brown the ground beef with the onions, peppers, garlic. Pour into pot with tomatoes, and reduce heat. Add sugar, basil and oregano, and simmer about 40 minutes. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Note* if it tastes too sharp add some sugar