Momma Renee's Veggie Soup
A delicious, hearty vegetable soup that will cure any cold and lift your spirits! Delicious served over egg noodles, with fresh sourdough bread and butter.
- One medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, pressed
- ~One Tbsp olive oil
- 64oz vegetable broth
- 16oz V8
- 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 Idaho potatoes, diced (1" cubes)
- 3-4 carrots, sliced
- One turnip, diced
- One parsnip, diced
- 2 ears fresh corn (or frozen), cut off the cob
- 20 fresh green beans, cut into ~1" pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- Salt and black pepper (a lot)
- Cayenne pepper to taste
Sautée onion, garlic, celery, and oil in the bottom of a soup pot.
Add broth and V8, and bring to a boil.
Let simmer for 30 minutes. Meanwhile: chop everything else.
Then, add potatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add everything else, including salt, pepper, and cayenne.
Simmer all for 20 minutes, and adjust seasonings as necessary.
Serve over noodles and with sourdough bread and butter.