Beef Taco Boats
This has become a quick simple favorite of ours! Sometimes I'll add a couple of fresh jalapenos to add a little spice but it's great without it! Where I found the recipe it called for Romaine lettuce and it definitely taste much better with the romaine lettuce leafs (because its crispier) but we actually prefer it with the Boston Bibb just because its easier to roll up and eat.
Also keep in mind it does make a lot! We just made it last night and there were plenty of leftovers for us to both take it to work today and still have some left in the fridge at home!
Credit for the recipe goes to: http://paleoporn.net/romaine-beef-tacos/#more-3979
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 3 Tbsp Chili Powder
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Red Pepper (Sliced)
- Romaine or Boston Bibb Lettuce Leaves
- Optional Ingredients (for toppings):
- 2 Avocados (Chopped)
- 1 Scallion (Sliced)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Greek Yogurt
1. Saute onion over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
2. Add ground beef, chili powder, salt and pepper and brown the meat.
3. After 10-15 minutes add the sliced red pepper.
4. Rinse and dry the romaine lettuce and add them to plates to serve.
5. Add ground beef, pepper and onion mix to the romaine lettuce.
6. Add additional toppings of avocado, greek yogurt, scallions, cilantro and any other ingredients you prefer on your tacos and serve.